Custom checkout fields, allow you to create a field at checkout or within the contact form, where you customer can leave you a specific note.
Wazala already has a note section for your customer to leave a note, but you can create more and customize them to ask different questions. This can beneficial if you require extra information from your customer. For example: age, gender, etc.
- To create custom checkout fields go to Manager > Settings > Custom Checkout Fields
- Click to create your first field
- State whether this is active (unchecking this will deactivate this field)
- Give it a label. This is the title of the field.
- Give it a hint. This is what the customer will see typed into the box to help them answer it.
- Set maximum characters
- Select the type. This can be any of the following
- Select the visibility. This can be visible in
- Contact form
- Check whether this filed is required. Required fields will not allow a customer to move forward unless they type something. If this is an email for example, we make sure it is correctly formatted.